Image: Elesia Ashkenazy working with a Skaterina student.
Greetings and salutations!
I’m thrilled to bring this level of pre-professional classical ballet training to my Skaterina students! Our class will meet weekly and is by invitation only. This post is for parents and students to refer to for class guidelines and friendly reminders:
Class is held the first three Tuesdays of each month from 9:45 AM - 11:15 AM (1.5 hours) and the last Tuesday of the month is reserved for private lessons.
Thank you for supporting Skaterina, it’s always a blessing to see you in class!
Below, you'll find a list of websites that I've found to be helpful when I need information outside of the dance studio or ice rink. That noted, it's important to remember to talk with your dance instructors and skate coaches about the information you run across online. The Internet provides us with a host of articles and stories, but it can never take the place of a personal coach, instructor, or professional. For example, one of the best ways to improve your skills is to watch professionals working.
I've listed online dance and skate wear sites, but please be sure to check out the selections at your local dance shop and talk to a sales associate who you like and trust. Develop a relationship with them, especially regarding shoes. Hopefully, the sales staff will be familiar with your teacher or coach and work in unison to help you find the best products for your goals. Nothing on the Internet can take the place of a trained professional who is familiar with the products and tools of the trade, as they are proficient in answering your questions and fixing you up with appropriate apparel. Discount sites might work for quick and easy staples, but supporting local shops will enhance your local dance community and economy. Happy shopping!
1. Need help with your classical ballet technique? Try Kathryn Morgan's Technique Tips.
2. Want to type in any ballet move and see it immediately? Try the Ballet Dictionary from American Ballet Theatre.
3. Need even more help with your ballet technique? Check out Ballet in Form or Finis Jhung.
4. How about figure skating technique? Try iCoachSkating.
5. Looking for off-ice training? Here's SK8STRONG.
6. Need to boost your confidence on ice? You'll love Ice Cool Confidence.
7. Interested in discount dancewear? Check out Discount Dance.
8. Interested in discount figure skating wear? Try Discount Skatewear.
9. Looking for information on flexibility? Check out the The Ballet Blog.
10. Need even more help with your flexibility? Here's Easy Flexibility.